Lodge is located 20 kilometres west of the town
of Tsumeb - a legacy of being a mineral
Surrounded by the ancient
Lake Otjikoto and the famous wildlife
conservation area, Etosha National Park, !Uris
Safari Lodge also attracts tourists en-route to
the Kunene-, Kaokoland and Southern Angola.
For visitors with an interest in gemstones and
minerals !Uris Safari Lodge borders a number of
historic German and Artesian mines namely Alt
Bobos, Karavatu, Omeg II and Uris. They resemble
trails "in the footsteps of the diggers" who,
over one hundred and twenty years ago spent
their days in the relentless Namibian sunshine
exploring the possibilities of mining precious
minerals to satisfy the needs of Europe.
one drives through this raw and unspoiled land
one can see the remains of stripped mine
headgear and other remnants relating to the old
mining operations on lime rock and dolomite
formations, established in days gone by. Modern
day Bushmen will greet you from their homes,
inquisitive of intruders in their quiet lives.
Available at the Lodge:
- We accommodate a maximum of 42 guests in 14
rooms consisting of seven semi-detached chalets
- There are seven queen bedrooms.
- The other seven family bedrooms are furnished
with four three quarter beds,
of which two beds are fitted on a loft for the
fit traveller whishing to climb a steep ladder.
- All beds are of extra
length and the inviting bohemian looking rooms
are equipped with:
mosquito nets, hair dryer, electric kettle,
digital safe and telephone facilities.
- Electric appliances all run on 220/240 volts.
Facilities available at the Lodge:
- Our state of the art air-conditioned
conference room can seat up to eighty delegates
- theatre style seating -
fully equipped with all the standard conference
function hall can be utilized for functions or
as an interdenominational chapel.
at the Lodge:
Sightseeing Trips to Tsumeb and the Etosha
National Park can be arranged.
- Geological tours are also done on request.
- Tsumeb Museum & Mining tours can be booked.
Join one of our trained local Himba guides
through one of the small Himba villages in the
??? Fauna & Flora
- Birdwatching is a !Uris hallmark.
??? Guided walks
- Enable you to view warthog, jackal, baboon and
getting closer to wonderful examples of
Namibia's exquisite treesI
- Golf course, complete with driving range and
- Shooting range operated by the German shooting
- Skydiving at the Tsumeb Flying Club can be
arranged by appointment.
How to Get There:
this PDF document to find directions.
The coordinates are:
S19° 17.100' E17°
S19° 17' 06.0" E17° 31' 34.2"